Rafael and I have been overwhelmed with love and support from our family and friends. A few months ago before we moved back to Seattle, I wrote a blog letting you know about a few things we needed in order to move. God worked through a few very generous people to provide everything we needed on the list! — A U-Haul and all the finances for our move, 2 new tires to get our dying car here, the complete cost of Rafael’s green card application which has now been submitted, and although Rafael hasn’t found a permanent job yet due to his status, we have been offered enough odd jobs to keep paying the bills. We are so thankful for all of the ways you guys have blessed us in the past couple months. Keep praying for the process of Rafael’s residency and for a job to come quickly.
On top of all of that, we have been swimming in gifts for our sweet Sofia who will be here in less than 3 weeks! (I reached 37 weeks – full term – last Saturday, so now it’s just a matter of waiting for her to be ready.) Really, we have been so blessed by our family and friends who have provided almost everything we need to welcome our baby girl into the world. “Need” is relative, so I hesitate to say it, but a few people have asked me to tell them what we still need and I’ve forgotten who has asked because there have been quite a few, so here is another list I have compiled of “needs” and “wishes.” Aside from diapers, most of the “needs” are things we could live without as well, but they would certainly make life a little easier.
– Diapers: Lots and lots of diapers! We want to do disposable for the first 1-2 months and cloth diapers after that, but if we can only get our hands on disposable diapers we will gladly use those for now. Cloth diapers are a big upfront cost for us, but will be so much less in the end ($3,000+ less!). We like Softbums. You can find them at softbums.com.
– Bath tub (Target — Fisher-Price Precious Planet Whale of a Tub ) – Adapter for stroller/carrier (Target — BOB Infant Car Seat Adapter – for Graco Seats ) – Burp cloths (Target — JUST ONE YOU® Made by Carters Newborn Girls’ 4 Pack Burpclothes – Pink ) – White newborn, 3 mo, and 6 mo onsies, short sleeve and long sleeve – Newborn – 6 mo socks (I love plain white or these ones at Target, but any socks would be great! Trumpette Infant Girls’ 6 Pack Pastel Dot Socks – Assorted 0-12M ) – Nursing pads (Target: I like these ones, but really any that aren’t disposable would be great — Itzy Ritzy Glitzy Gals – Cream )
– Baby “sleeping bag” or wearable blanket (Target — HALO SleepSack Pink Wearable Blanket – Cotton Eyelet Print ) – Diaper bag (Target — timi & leslie Emerald Lagoon 2-in-1 Backpack Diaper Bag with Changing Pad )
– Crib/mattress: We have a bassinet and a very small crib that was given to us for free, but this is the one we would like, or one very similar. (Target —Delta Children’s Products – Canton 4-in-1 Convertible Crib in Cherry Espresso )
– Changing pad and cover (Babies R Us — Serta Contour Pad , any cute/pink cover would be great. I’m not too picky.) – High chair: We won’t need this for a while, but it would be nice to have. (Babies R Us — Chicco Caddy Hook On Chair – Red) – Nursing cover (Target — BeBe Au Lait Nursing Cover – Nest) – Boppy/Nursing support pillow (Target — Boppy Bare Naked Pillow with Slipcover – Pink Owls )
– Clothes for 9mo+ (We have quite a bit, at least a great start, for 3-6 mo and a good amount of newborn too)
– 3-6 mo warm clothes for winter — thick/heavy body suits, coats, mittens, fuzzy hats, boots, etc. – Ergobaby performance carrier
– Hiking carrier (Kelty Kids FC 2.0 or Kelty Journey 2.0)