Yesterday marked four weeks that I have been in Costa Rica, but this Saturday I will be heading back to Seattle for a while before moving to Costa Rica next fall. The plan is to finish school and move to Costa Rica in September, but there is a lot to do before then…
– Apply for a Visa / pay for all the costs of paperwork for living abroad
– Pay off my credit card
– Save enough money for a plane ticket
– And my mom’s ticket
– Save money to live in Costa Rica while I do not have a job
– Finish 2 quarters at SPU (18 credits each)
– Take a class in the summer at community college
– Prepare for graduation
– Pack up the parts of my life that I will move to Costa Rica
– Make the decision about where to live
– Make the decision about bringing my cat & do paperwork
– Learn to drive a stick shift
– Get a second job this summer
– Go to the doctor to figure how to do medications abroad
– Spend time with friends and family
– Wrap up all loose ends in Seattle
And all of this (plus more) in only 8-9 months. It’s going to be a very busy year.
The heaviest thing on my heart right now is deciding where to live. I have already had two offers from women in the church and tossed around the idea of getting a place with my best friend, Abi. I want to make a wise decision, but right now I’m not sure what that is. I need independence, but I know I can’t be alone, and to start from scratch would be difficult in this short amount of time and with the money that I have. Pray that the Lord would make it clear to me and give me peace about what decision to make.
Living abroad has always been one of my biggest dreams, but it is about to be a big rollercoaster too. There is so much to do and I know I’m going to need patience, perseverance, peace and self-control. God is good and I know he is with me and will give me favor because this is his purpose for my life.
Still, I need two things from you:
1. Pray with me and walk with me this year while I finish one chapter of my life and begin another. I need this support so much.
2. I might be unintentionally very terrible at keeping up with everyone. It’s not because I don’t care about you or our friendship but because this year will be so busy and full of many new things. If you want to hang out, tell me.