3 days before leaving:
- Plan out the last couple days: what needs to be done? What do I need to buy? What errands do I need to run?
- Think about what bag to pack in and how much stuff can fit in the bag.
- Talk to friend about using their shampoo so I don’t have to buy ridiculously priced small bottles that won’t last 2 days or pay to have my bag checked.
- Tweet and update facebook status about the trip getting closer and needing to pack.
2 days before leaving:
- Check off things from my list that are unimportant but make me feel accomplished. Ex: Call the dentist to schedule an appointment 3 months in advance; write cards to friends that I’ve been thinking about writing for a while; cook the Costa Rican dish that I have been wanting to try; sew a patch on a hole in my comforter and a button on my purse.
- Go shopping at Target with mom.
- Think about what outfits I want to wear while I’m away and what the weather will be like.
- Look up the weather on my Mac Dashboard.
- Get distracted and add more items to my dashboard.
- Tweet and update facebook status about being a procrastinator and still needing to pack.
- Have a bonfire and dinner with friends.
- Forget to do laundry until 9:30 pm.
1 day before leaving:
- Decide that I should color my hair in the morning before work because I have the dye sitting around and need to get to it eventually.
- Eat breakfast and sip coffee while lounging around, talking with my mom and brothers.
- Skype with friends.
- Tweet about still needing to pack.
- Remember that the laundry is still in the dryer and needs to be folded.
- Fold laundry.
- Go to the post office to send the letters I wrote yesterday.
- Stop by the drug store to pick up things that I didn’t by at Target yesterday.
- Tweet about needing to pack again and running out of time.
- Clip nails and tweeze eyebrows because I can’t take those things on the plane and I don’t want them to annoy me tomorrow.
- Sync ipod.
- Blog about packing.
- Realize there is only an hour left until I work my 2-10 pm shift and I still need to eat lunch.
- Throw a few clothes in the bag
Finally, I’m ready to leave at 3:30 am tomorrow morning to get on a plane to hug my best friend, Mallory.