Today is my first day back at SPU and I’m feeling overwhelmed, nervous, scared, anxious, excited, ready to graduate. But mostly just excited. As I rode the bus this morning I couldn’t help but notice all the ways God has blessed me. I haven’t even had my first class yet, but in everything God’s goodness and faithfulness have been so evident. I am overwhelmed by his blessings in my life. It is clear to me, now more than ever, God is at work in my life; God has a plan for me; God will not abandon me; God is good; God is faithful.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
This quarter is going to be tough. It won’t be full of rest, that’s for sure. It will be the opposite of my last 6 months of working and twiddling my thumbs. I will be busy working, schooling, busing everywhere. It will be exhausting, but I’m ready for it, overwhelmingly ready. I’m ready to do hard things. I’m ready to stretch myself. I’m ready to move on with my life.
And I am exceedingly excited to see God at work this quarter. I want to learn to seek him in the midst of hard things and to depend on his strength in a time I know I will be weak. My body won’t like this; my spirit won’t like this, but I want to find joy in the midst of this. I want to feel God’s peace despite these draining circumstances. I want to strengthen my faith instead of allowing it to become weak while I am vulnerable. Lord, be with me. Strengthen me.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:30-31
I leave you with these blessings God has made aware to me:
– My scholarship appeal was accepted which is the reason I am able to go back to school this quarter.
– Two weeks after everyone registered for classes I was still able to get into ALL of the classes I need to graduate, including one that is only offered this quarter every other year.
– I get to go downtown every day because I will take the bus to school every day. It makes me feel at home.
– This morning the sun is shining through the fog. It reminds me that God is in the hard things. His light shines through the darkness.
– Riding the bus this morning I was overwhelmed with how perfect God’s plan is. It is not my plan, but it is good, perfect, better, best. And he will always have good and perfect things for me.
– *This.* Being here. Being at SPU. Sitting in this booth in the Student Union Building listening to Spanish worship music, chatting with a very good friend, and waiting until my first class. *This.* Right here. Having purpose in my life. Seeing God’s goodness and faithfulness in very obvious ways.
Dear friends, do not doubt that God is good. Even in the fog, his light will shine through. His beautiful light shines in every dark corner to make his goodness and glory known. God. is. good.