I was tagged by my friend Michelle.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
Oh dear…here we go!
1. I’ve had two cups of coffee and cup of tea today. It’s only 12pm.
2. One of my goals for this year is to discover someplace beautifully breathtaking.
3. I’m collecting dishes for when I move out. I have a whole collection of matching bowls/plates/glasses from Urban Outfitters as well as a bunch of random mugs that I’ve come across and absolutely love. It’s an addiction that I am proud of.
4. I was voted “Most cultural” by my french teacher in high school. She said that out of everyone in the class she would feel most comfortable and enjoy talking with me about culture and traveling than anyone else.
5. I would rather be a florist/barista/missionary for the rest of my life than have a career in the U.S.
NOTE: This is really hard.
6. I love reading. When I was growing up, you couldn’t pay me to read a book, now I’m reading at least 3 books at a time.
7. My french teacher doesn’t even know how much I love culture. I love new experiences, new people, new places, new, new, new. I dislike mundane life more than anyone. I want to see the whole world. I don’t really like America…it’s boring compared to everything else out there.
8. I’m a people watcher. I could go to Seattle …or Edmonds, and just sit and watch people for a very long time. You can learn so much just from watching them, and I love to wonder about people’s lives. Seattle is more interesting than Edmonds for sure. I’m sorry if this creeps anyone out.
9. I am addicted to blogging/writing. I always have so much on my mind and I can’t ever seem to get it all off.
10. Kate Winslet is not necessarily my favorite actress, but I have found that every movie she’s in is on my favorite’s list. The Holiday, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Finding Neverland, Titanic..etc.
11. The fictional character that I can most relate to is Lena from Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Read the books and you’ll know why. Everything about her describes parts of me.
12. Growing up I was convinced that I would fight crime. I wanted to be a police officer, then I realized the FBI was better than the police so I wanted to be an agent. It’s still a small desire in the back of my heart.
13. I love art. My passion slowly increased until recently when it skyrocketed. I could stand in a gallery for hours and just look at the faces and colors. I love to write. I love photography. I love paint. I love pictures. My heart is racing just thinking about it.
14. My dream is to start my own business somewhere in the world — an espresso shop, with a small part of it selling flowers, the best baked goods you’ve ever eaten, and a fluffy cat that takes residence in the cozy shop, sleeping on the cushy chairs. Of course it would have a frenchy name too.
15. I really only like 2 kinds of movies –movies that are sappy love, but romantic love…not stupid like Along Came Polly..and of course movies that are works of art. I want the movie that I see to be made well with fabulous cinematography, the kind that make you feel, and think, and ponder the meaning of life. Creative movies, not remakes, or cheap “trying to make a few bucks” kind of movies. Real movies with real stories. I am very passionate about this as well.
16. Another goal for this year is to go on a date. Silly, right? I feel like I should get out there or something. I’m kind of putting it on the list a little begrudgingly, but I’ve got to start somewhere.
17. I think I started out as an extrovert, then became an introvert, and now I’m back to being an extrovert. I have no idea what changed everything, but I’m glad that I’m an extrovert again. It’s more fun. (I think the 2nd change came when I became a Christian)
18. I love Seattle like it’s my child. I’m like a proud parent when it comes to this city. My second child would be Edmonds.
19. My favorite herb/spice is Rosemary. I used to put it on everything, then we ran out. I absolutely love it.
20. I didn’t like yogurt until this year. It used to make me gag. Still, the only kind that I’ll eat is Rachel’s Exotic from Top Foods — the orange, strawberry, mango kind.
21. My mom sent me a package while I was in South Africa and I got it 3 months after being home.
22. I love all kinds of foods. My husband is going to need to be adventurous, because I love it all — sushi/Japanese, Indian, Thai, Chinese, Greek, American, French, Italian, Milano, Mongolian, …authentic Mexican. I’m still looking for more, but those are the main types of cuisine here in Washington.
23. I used to be obsessed with Superman and Simple Plan because the guy that I liked in Jr. High really liked them. How silly.
24. Someday I want to do a triathlon. And I want a red bicycle..or perhaps a yellow one, to ride in the triathlon.
25. My biggest fear is sitting down and pondering life. It’s a scary thought to think about time.
Oh hey! I’m done! …and I don’t feel like tagging anyone. If you want to do it, go ahead! And you should let me know because I like reading random things.